Sunday, December 18, 2016

Crochet Gifts for the Winter Season

I think I need to apologize for being absent from this blog for so long. It was a far busier fall than I expected it to be! I had a lot of fun crocheting in some down time, but little time to write up a post. But, I am going to share with you a project I made as a Christmas gift today.


For this lovely scarf and earwarmer, I used some basic patterns I was already familiar with. For the scarf, I used the lemon peel stitch, which I've shared here before and for the earwarmer, I used a great pattern from Rescued Paw Designs that I've also shared here before. I loved the way these worked up and look and I hope the person I am giving these to likes them too. I chose the cherry red because my friend will likely adore the colour, and because sometimes in winter the colours gets a bit blah. So I thought I'd keep things lively and bright. 

Now, a while back I showcased some yarn and mentioned I was working on a few bigger projects. I have one done. The other needs more attention than I have time to give at the moment, so it might be something I get back to over the holidays. A third larger project I'm kinda feeling iffy about so it's on pause until I decide whether or not to continue. But, I've also crocheted up a huge yellow infinity scarf (stay tuned for that project, I adore the stitch I found for it) and I've made several earwarmers that I've had some luck in selling. 

My next project will be a baby blanket in the lemon peel stitch at the request of a friend and I'm looking forward to working with a chunkier yarn. 

I'll be back soon with more to share!

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment