Sunday, October 23, 2016

Shades of Autumn Scarf

I absolutely love fall and it's colours. In fact, I might have gotten a little carried away with years with fall crochet projects--I started in July hehe. I whipped up a lovely, thick and easy V-stitch scarf in July and today I decided to share with you.

How do you make the V-stitch? Well, it's easy, and you find out more about it in my July post  which provides instructions on how to make this stitch. If you can double crochet and chain, you are set. This stitch is perfect for a lighter scarf since it is a bit open weave and since this yarn was self stripping, the colours organized themselves beautifully for me. I love self stripping and variegated yarns. They add such variety to projects!

For this project, I used a thicker, wooly yarn. Some might find it itchy, but since I used a number 6 hook, it worked up quick and actually, it's quite long. I tried it on today and loved the colours but I have yet to sport it around the town, but I will say, I don't know why I made it as long as I did! I usually measure the length of my scarves by lying them across my shoulders and if the ends fall to my hips, I stop. That way, I get a scarf that will wrap nicely around my neck and keep off the cold wind. This one is a little longer, but I don't think it will a problem.

I hope to be back soon to share with you some other projects--and I am working on three larger ones because I'm nuts--soon. Until then,

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment