Saturday, September 10, 2016

Crossed Double Crochet Stitch Scarf

Not too long ago, I started working on a project using some beautiful fine yarn, and I shared with you that working with fine yarn was forcing me to re-learn some crochet technique. Well, that project is finally done and I love it! I made a scarf and it turned out very nicely, and the pattern I used was one of my own making, using a cross double crochet stitch. It's fairly easy, so I'll share with you what I did. I found out via the internet that a cross double crochet stitch should start with a foundation chain of a multiple of 2 plus 2 for the starting chain. This really helped in creating my pattern.



Working with a fine yarn was something of a new experience for me. I had to use a smaller hook, which made the work slower going initially, and I had was all thumbs for a bit. But once I got the hang of it, it was smooth sailing. I love the look of the scarf, as it drapes rather nicely and looks a tad more elegant than if I had used a worsted yarn. 


Pattern: 

Stitches used--chain (ch), slip stitch (sl st), double crochet (dc).
I used a 3.75mm hook and approximately 400yards of yarn.

Chain 28 

Row 1: DC in the ridge of second ch from the hook, and in each stitch across. Ch 1, turn. 

Row2: DC in first stitch. Skip next stitch, dc in next, cross back and dc in skipped stitch. One crossed double crochet made. Repeat across. End with a double crochet in last stitch. Ch 1, turn. 

Repeat rows 1 and 2 for pattern until desired length. Fasten off and weave in ends. 

I had a lot of fun crocheting this, and I can't wait till the cooler weather sets in--so I can wear this lovely creation. 

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment