Friday, July 8, 2016

How to Make a Magic Ring

Today I want to share with you something I've found very useful in crochet. That's the magic ring, which is also called the magic circle. I saw it referred to in books and and in patterns, but I didn't know what was so magical about the magic ring. The photos below illustrate why the magic ring is useful. The magic ring allows you to crochet around a circle of yarn, and then when you pull it tight, that circle closes.
Before the magic ring is pulled tight
After the magic ring is pulled tight
As you might imagine, this is useful for creating appliques or other cute pieces that require a circular shape. It took me a while to figure out how to make a magic ring. The written instructions I had didn't quite do the trick for me, so I turned to the internet. If words and photos aren't enough, one needs a video. Thank goodness for Youtube! I've provided a video for you that is very useful if you want to learn how to make a magic ring. It can't get any easier than this.

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment