Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cute Crochet Flower Bookmark

While I love crocheting large projects like afghans, sometimes I just want to crochet something quick and easy. I had been looking for a crochet pattern for a bookmark for a while, and I finally found one that worked up quick and easy and didn't require too many colour changes. I found the pattern at Daisy Cottage Designs, though I didn't use the pattern for the flower. I ended up coming up with my own though I'm darned if I can remember how I made this little flower.


I'm going to be honest and say the best part about this pattern was that I could make a whole bunch in one evening. It works up quick and my favourite part was crocheting the leaf. It was super easy and quick and taught me a bit about shaping in crochet. I used a basic acrylic yarn in some bright happy spring colours because it was spring time when I was making these. I'm giving some away to friends, and I hope they like them. Being book lovers, they ought.

Note that the designer of the flower pattern doesn't say to use a magic ring in her pattern for the flower. I actually am not sure how she intends to start the pattern when she says simply to chain two, but I would try a magic ring if I was to try again. The rest of the pattern is really easy to follow and I don't think her flower pattern is at all difficult, I think I am simply having a hard time with the first steps.

This is a quick and easy project, perfect for anyone who loves to read, or to make as a gift. Instructions for this book mark are found here. I hope you have a lot of fun making this one!

Happy Hooking,
Jewels




No comments:

Post a Comment