Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Welcome to Pretty in Crochet

Welcome to Pretty in Crochet! I'm just starting up this blog because I absolutely love crochet. It's become a serious hobby and I want to share my hooks and loops with all of you out there who also love crochet. I don't create my own patterns, sadly I'm not expert enough to be a crochet designer, but I will share with you my latest projects, where I got the pattern from, how it worked up and any sites and videos that have helped me with my hooking projects.

I've learned a lot thanks to other crocheters and crafters who share their patterns and tips and knowledge online. One of my favourite little projects to crochet is this cute little elephant applique I found at Repeat Crafter Me. Actually, I found it on Pinterest first because that's where I start off to find crochet ideas and patterns, and then I hit the site and I found the pattern really easy to follow and there are helpful pictures to guide you along as well. 

My intention was to make a bunch of these little guys and somehow turn them into a scarf but I'm still figuring out how to piece them together in a flattering way. I'll share how that turns out when I figure it out. I tried attaching the trucks to the tail but I didn't like the look of it as it seemed to spoil the effect of the applique somehow. I'm sure I'll come up with some idea that will look cute!

But, I have sewed one of these elephants onto a beanie hat I crocheted and it's a favourite fall piece of mine. I've also received compliments on how cute my elephant hat is. The pattern works up in a few minutes and is really fun to crochet. Want to make one of your own? You can find the pattern here.

I will give you a little tip, which is that I found this worked up much better when I used a thicker cotton yarn as opposed to a softer acrylic yarn. Also, try not to crochet too tightly (which I always struggle with any crochet project) or pull that magic loop too tight as it kinda spoils the effect of the applique. 

I hope you enjoyed today's post! I have other crochet projects to share with you so stay tuned

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment